Friday, March 6, 2009

Thing 30 -- More Ways to Use RSS and Delicious

03/06/2009
RSS -- I have several things setup on RSS: local newspaper, a favorite political cartoonist (Walt Handelsman), and LibraryLanding to name a few. I have them setup to come into my e-mail account and I'm notified (just like my e-mails) when a new posting as occurred. Each has it's own "folder" so they are separated. All of this lets me look when I have time. I've considered adding other RSS feeds but I also don't want to get overloaded with reading -- I have enough of that right now in grad school since it's all online. This round I've added a RSS "subscribe to" link on my blog.

del.icio.us -- I started an account prior to the 1st round of things but I didn't fully start using until the 1st round. At that time I imported about 90% of my computer favorites from my computers. I continually use del.icio.us -- probably tagging something at least once a day. I still think that I like favorites best but del.icio.us makes it so handy to be able to access from any computer. One downfall is that I really would like to find the time to go into my account and create some better "folders" or other subdivisions. In this round I've added mn23 and kayakingqueen to my network -- although I'm not yet sure how/why I'll use these networks. Something for more discovery at a later date. I'm drausche on del.icio.us and to date I have 991 tags.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I just tagged this link with lots of del.icio.us tools and mashups that might have something to help with sorting there: http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2005/02/absolutely-delicious-complete-tools-collection/