Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thing 29 -- Google Tools

03/03/2009
hmmm, I've never been a big fan of google (I've always liked & used dogpile.com) but it seems that google keeps coming up with little tidbits of uses so that I've eventually ended up using them -- such as this blog and gmail (used with this blog but not otherwise).

In the 1st round of things I used the alerts to watch a few fellow thingster's blogs. This was a great way to know when people updated without my having to check daily -- a kind of rss.

Today I looked over the book search and entered Waasa Inaabidaa (We look in all directions) -- a local title. It was interesting to see the info displayed including the map shown of places listed in the book.

I also recently became aware of goog411 and think it maybe helpful plus a great cost savings (my cell provider charges $1.79 per 411 call).

No comments: