Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thing 28 -- Customized Home Pages

03/03/2009
I've looked at several of these previously -- pageflakes and igoogle at the time I thought were okay but never used them. I setup a netvibes page and I think I'm going to like this. It took a little time to get it how I think will be the most useful + I ran into some little quirks that tossed me around but I'm not sure those were the page or my system acting up.

I customed my page with my e-mail, added facebook (although not sure I'll have it automatically sign in since that gives netvibes access to all my facebook things + those of my friends), I added my logon screen for grad school (on there daily!), and changed the news feeds to my likes.

I did create a blidget on widgetbox just to try it -- I used my own blog page just as a test. And if I can find the time I think I'm going to try the show yourself widget just for the fun of it!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You're the second one to choose Netvibes. I'll have to take a closer look; I remember thinking it was a cool aggregator, but since I already had iGoogle set up for my work homepage didn't try it for that. Do you think that it saves your any time to have your stuff all out in front of you? Or is it distracting? Just curious.