Monday, March 2, 2009

Thing 27 -- Twitter

03/02/2009
hmmm, not sure that I would find Twitter as something that I personally would use. I already use Facebook status updates for letting my group know what I'm doing. So I'll have to check into this a little more and think about it.

I will share an interesting use of Twitter that was in the Duluth News Tribune yesterday (Sunday, March 1, 2009) "Twitter's new twist: UMD journalists track use of handicap parking spots" ... here's a link to the article:
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/113658/

1 comment:

Linda said...

Lots of people use Twitter who don't use Facebook. I'd missed the Twitter story in DNT so thanks for sharing it.

I find Twitter a good way to keep up on new web2.0 apps and library issues by following people and accounts like School Library Journal, and some of the bloggers that explore these things. I find that often links of interest are shared that I'd otherwise miss.