Thursday, June 5, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing 20 : Games

Thing 20 is all about games! 

Oh, my now do you really think there are any mobile apps for games? Let's guess how many? As many as the stars in the sky? Possibly.

I'm not a huge gamer. Way back when I did love Tetris on Gameboy. Yup, dating myself aren't I? 

Awhile back I tried Words With Friends. I did maybe 3 games? Not for me. But then I never really liked Scrabble either. I like words, just not those types of games.

I prefer games that I play individually. Not that I'm anti-social or that I don't want to go up against anyone I just like a game app that isn't a lot of pressure because I usually play them for leisure.

I played 4 Pics 1 Word for awhile-- I was getting up there in stats and I'd never used a "help" of any kind. Then my grandson played it on my iPhone without asking me and he used up almost all of my helps. So I gave up on that game. I had liked my perfect record. 

My favorite and only game app that I play these days is Dots. I really do like this game. I like the strategy. I play the timed version so it's a bit of a challenge against the clock. But I don't get too dismayed if I screw up or don't have a great score. I bomb sometimes and I do well other times. Mostly it's a game of chance as to how the dots show up. I've not discovered any secret that makes the game give you better odds or chances at connecting more dots. Maybe it does & I'm oblivious? I don't care. I like it as it is.

Here are a few snips of Dots:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hear they just released a "sequel" to Dots called Two Dots? I've been really enjoying it.

diane said...

^^ Thx! No, I hadn't heard this yet.