Friday, May 8, 2009

Thing 42 -- Music 2.0

05/08/2009
the music of our lives.......
I've used iTunes for about 8 years -- I have very poor radio reception at work so at first I listened to their online stations but at the time the signals were always the best so the stations would cut out. So then I took my favorite CDs (that I wasn't listening to at home) and loaded those onto iTunes and this is how I've listened to music ever since. I also buy many songs via iTunes. And I have a playlist with all of my favorite Christmas tunes that I switch to nears the holidays. I've really liked and used this both at work and at home and I sync my iPod.

Pandora -- I signed up and made a quick little radio station. This was very easy and I think a great way to have access to lots of music. I'll probably continue using what I have but I'll keep this in mind as a possibility to connect via my cell phone.

Last.fm -- this looks like another good option to keep in mind. I might think about changing to one of these or at least switching it up a bit if I get tired of hearing my same old songs over & over again.

Radio-Locator & Live365 -- I ck'd these out but couldn't locate my favorite "car radio" station even though I know they are streaming online. I do like that Live365 has some downloadable widgets -- I signed up and made a quick widget selecting some stations that play soundtracks. Checkout my widget on the side and see what you think!

No comments: