Friday, May 8, 2009

Thing 44 -- The Economy

05/08/2009
Yes our economy sucks right now ... hopefully it will get better! I've lost quite a bit in the stock market -- both in my 401k (luckily I still have a traditional retirement plan also) and in my personal stocks. I'm just lucky (I think??) that I have about 10-12 years left before I plan to fully retire so HOPEFULLY the market will recover during this time period and I'll be at least back to what I was at about 18 months ago -- better would even be, well, better!

The resources listed in this Thing are very interesting -- a little bit of everything for everybody. I'm not a big garage-saler but it might be fun to scope out the sales using the mapping apps. And I thoroughly enjoyed the video on "explaining the 2008 financial crisis" -- I posted that on my FB acct.

Right now I'm probably going to help my daughter sell her poor old car for parts on CraigsList -- the engine "went" -- which is too bad for several reasons: one, that she just fixed a few things a few months back, and two, that the overall car body & interior are in very good shape. But engine replacement is costly and you're only gambling with another engine with mileage on it. So we're going to try to part it out or sell as a part's car.

No comments: