Friday, May 8, 2009

Thing 43 -- Online TV and Video

05/08/2009
Yes, to having another source for "tv" watching!?!? I DO admit I have my few shows that I MUST see! Like Desperate Housewives (my honey got me hooked on this one!), Lost (yes, most of the time I'm lost), and Ghost Whisperer (although I don't like the whole Jim/Sam storyline added this year). And since I went to digital TV before the 1st deadline I can't record my shows with my current equipment. So if I do miss a show I usually go directly to the TV station webpage and view it from there -- with the exception of GW which they don't provide (bummer!).

Hulu -- Ya gotta love their ads!!! I checked them out previously -- based on seeing their TV ad even thought I don't usually watch TV ads -- I added to my del.icio.us acct, and will keep it in mind should I feel the need for more things to watch. I did check and GW is not on Hulu either -- no surprise since most of Hulu just points you to the TV station.

My next big thing is to connect my HDTV to my DSL and get a TiVo so that I can take advantage of on-demand Netflix videos. I'd also then be able to again record my fav shows. But this is a time & money investment which grad school has put on the sidelines!

No comments: