Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing 13 -- Online Productivity Tools

03/12/2008
Customized homepages -- I hate to sound like a broken record (okay I'm old enough to know this cliche!) but this is another thing on my to-do list ... hmm, maybe I should try one of those online to-do list tools! Anyway, I've looked at both iGoogle and PageFlakes prior and had not yet implimented one into use. I have also looked at and considered Netvibes. After looking at each I'm still unsure as to which I think I'd really like since a lot of the customization tools are similar. An option for me is to try one out for a week or two, then switch to another and then switch to the last. Then decide which I overall find more pleasing and useful.

Calendars -- Good idea but I think I'll stick with coordinating my schedule at work & home via my e-mail system. Maybe this would be more useful for groups of people?

Lists -- I'm not sure I'd use this type of feature. So far my brain is an information soak for my to-dos and I still love real paper sticky notes. Maybe the day will come that my brain won't have the remembering capacity but then I might not remember to add something to the online list or I might not remember that I added it to the list or I might not remember that I have an online list .... hmmm, I'll wait and see.

Backpack -- Again I'm not sure this would be useful to me ... at least not at this point in time. But it does look like a very useful tool especially for people who travel for work and give presentations. Maybe it will be come useful to me once I'm in grad school (if accepted!).

No comments: