Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing 9 -- Online Collaboration Tools

02/26/2008 UPDATE
Well it took a little longer than I expected to get my "invite" ... that's 'cuz the e-mail invite was filtered into my junk e-mail. Luckily I ck'd my junk folder today and as I was going to empty it I saw the invite. So I went online & edited (actually used the "comments" feature) on the doc provided. This tool seems to be a great way to edit/comment a doc by multiple users. One downfall is that if a doc such as this was going to be worked on by multiple users it would be good to define how to do that first -- such as only using the comment feature & one person being responsible for the final edit or something such. I say this because you could see that different people worked with the document in different ways -- some just edited (that doesn't offer the tag of who did it) while others used the comment feature (which indicates who made the comment).

02/22/2008
hmmm ... just waiting for "invites" to be able to edit ....
In the mean time I think the idea & ability to edit this way could be a great tool.

No comments: