Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing 11 -- Del.icio.us Tagging

02/22/2008
Tagging! Yes! This is one of those things that's been on my list of to-dos for maybe a year or so. I have so many web bookmarks on my office computer & then my co-worker has numerous web bookmarks on her office computer as well as 2 other computers. Years back I kept a webpage of all of our links for sites we visited often in assisting patrons (students usually) with research. That webpage finally became so cumbersome that I took down the link several years ago. I always hoped to find some other way to quickly be able to use & share these valuable links. I happened upon Del.icio.us and thought, yes, this might work. I shared this with my co-worker, who said she'd look it over, but then that's about as far as it got. So now maybe is the time?

Furl -- I looked over their website and one thing that popped up as a good benefit was the option of achiving cashed websites which allows for you to always have access to the website as you viewed it even if the website is taken down.

No comments: