Friday, February 27, 2009

Thing 25 -- blogger's toolkit

02/27/2009
Well, I had some fun with this "thing" ... I added a ClockLink clock for "a little slice of time" :0)) and I used feevy to include post updates from the Library Landing blog.

I also tried some of the visitor counters and a map but I didn't like the way they looked on my blog. Same goes for a photo of the day and endangered creature of the day -- in both cases either the pic/display were either too large for my sidebar or too odd shaped for the basebar.

And in all honesty I skimmed over many of the items either due to not being of interest or that I've tried some of them previously along the way.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love your fun slice of time. If you keep your eye out, you'll probably find a counter or map you like eventually. It's kind of fun to see how many visitors you get and/or where they come from. You'd be astonished! A little trick to share: I found that depending on the code you embed, you can sometimes change the displays to better fit. Look at some of the photo resizing tools for common sizes, and adjust the figures in your embed code to fit your space. It won't work for all, but does quite nicely for some once you figure out the common sizes.