Friday, March 28, 2008

Thing 21 -- Ning & Other Social Networks

03/28/2008
Ning -- Ok so I joined 23 Things On A Stick Ning. I posted a comment (liked the Dewy pic) on Cheryl's Ning. I changed my settings on my Ning. I've added a Ning badge to the right. And I uploaded some pics ... see widget below:

[will have to come back to this ... can't get it to work right now ... bummer!]

I think it would have been a good thing to have had us all join the 23 Things On A Stick Ning near the beginning of the Learning Program. I think it would have provided us a better way to interact with each other. At times I felt like Darin -- am I the only one out there? do they know I'm here? Especially since we were supposed to be commenting on other participants' blogs. Oh, well .... Ning was/is fun from what I've seen in this little glimpse.

WebJunction -- I've glanced at this site a few times but I usually forget about it until I get an e-mail that mentions it or something on the site. I did sign up for a freebie self-paced class but I put that on hold until I finish with the 23 Things.

gather -- I snooped around the site but that's about it ... maybe I'll come back to it another time.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Having everyone join Ning earlier is a really good idea. I don't know why we didn't think of it early on. Of course, we had no idea that so many would sign up for the program. Who knew there would be so many blogs to read that it would be hard to make the time to comment on them. And then there's the "shy librarian" factor to contend with as well. I think you are onto something we should consider for the next time!